Rancocas Friends Meeting
- What do Quakers believe?
- That Quakerism is a practical religion, to be lived out in daily
life. Our personal relationship with God provides direction, strength
- There is that of God in everyone, referred to as the light
within. Because the light is within each of us, men and women are
equal in all respects.
- In telling the truth/being honest, even in inconvenient
circumstances. It is easier to trust, love and be reconciled to one
another when there is honesty between people.
- In living simply, not allowing material things to become masters,
rather than servants. Possessions are good when they serve to make us
free, happy and better able to serve one another.
- Who are the Quakers?
- Perhaps it is easier to describe who Quakers are not. We are not
Amish, Pennsylvania Dutch or Puritans. We don't dress like the man on the
box of oats anymore, and today we hardly ever call people thee.
- Why do people come to Quakerism?
- Many are drawn to:
- the quiet;
- the ideals of simplicity;
- the inclusive spirit of Quakers;
- the social action;
- peaceful resolution of conflict.
RancocasFriends.org © 2008, D. Galeone
The copyright of all images and materials remains with the creators.